If you have questions about life insurance for diabetics, please, read on.
Many diabetics believe that they are uninsurable and many insurance agents believe this to be the case as well. However, this is not always true. If you are a diabetic, it is imperative that work with a broker that will take your information regarding your diabetes and shop it with as many insurance companies as possible. We have worked on hundreds of diabetes cases and have witnessed first hand how greatly underwriting decisions can vary among carriers. Keeping this in mind, here is the information you must provide your broker for he or she to be able to provide you with an accurate quotation:
1) Date of diagnosis.
2) How often do you visit your physician
3) How is your diabetes controlled? Diet alone, oral medication or insulin?
4) Are you on any other medications?
5) Please give your most recent blood sugar reading
6) Do you monitor your own sugar?
7) What is your most recent glycohemoglobin (HbA1C) level?
8) Do you have any of the following: chest pain, elevated lipids, kidney disease, black out spells, hypertension, overweight, protein in the urine, neuropathy, retinopathy, abnormal ECG
9) Have you smoked cigarettes in the last 12 months?
10) Do you have any other major health problems
If you would like to see what rate class you will qualify for, please call us at 1-888-950-8376 or email us at email@example.com.